Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finally!!! Here I am again!

It has been almost an entire MONTH of
no computer...
no emails...
no outside life-line ...
for this stay at home momma.

What a whirlwind it has been. But, alas, we are back and in business with this blog and with retrieving many, many, many emails. Do you want to take a guess at how many I had? I bet you won't even be close to how many downloaded last night.
Go ahead, take a guess, I dare you!

I'll wait....

Okay, so did you guess?
Are you ready for the answer?
Just the thought of this number totally freaks me out.

Here it is: 22,500+ emails!
Isn't that just sickening?

Loads of emails were somehow retrieved from the year 2008. Interesting ...I thought I had deleted them and emptied my trashcan or recycled them (whatever this computer lingo is!). So, how in the world did they show up again? To me, that seems quite scary! eeeeeek.

Another reason why I big time missed this big electronic buddy was that my children do some courses online for schooling. So, now we are set back a bit and that is just not cool. Besides being thrown off of school b/c of the chicken pox and my daughter's hospital visit both in September, things were off to a rough start. Oh well, there is nothing to do about it now so I am praying and hoping we keep plugging away as much as possible and we'll re-evaluate after the New Year. Wow, 2010 so soon.

Last week, my wonderful hubby and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary!!! We were planning this night with my in-laws babysitting. My hubby surprised me and we were able to get to our parish Mass at 6:15 and even renew our wedding vows! Our priest was awesome-he even got out the 2 white kneelers in the front of the altar for us. It was so special and meaningful and quiet too!!!! (heee heee!)

We then went out to a terrific restaurant and had a delicious meal-we ordered the same thing-nothing new here! We tend to do that-our tastes are so similar!!! It was a great but way to short time to spend together over a nice glass (or 2!) or pinot grigio and a big glass of Guinness for my hubby. We JUST started to relax and then had to come home. We are planning on going away for a short weekend in the Spring...God willing -it will be a miracle if we can pull it off!

So much to blog about but not enough time...God willing, tomorrow, I can post more and maybe even some pics if I can figure out how to download them on this new computer.

Glad to be back in "Blog-land"!
God bless,
Mary

2 comments:

Book Lover said...

Welcome Back! I'm just a lurker, but I love your blog. Your children are precious and I've missed hearing about your daily adventures.

Blessings

Kim Chrisman
Edmond, OK

Nicole said...

So good to "read" you again! And Happy Anniversary!