Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Homeschooling summer blahs

I don't know about you but I am SO not ready to enter into school planning, thinking and doing.

Going to the home school convention back in June was enriching and very useful and helpful to set the tone.  But the reality is that I bought 70% of my curriculum at that convention and I am still at a loss for some very important items.  I am not interested in buying them either anytime soon!!!

Folks, summer is still in high swing at our home!!!!  It is still hot and humid and oh so very very summer-like.

It's only August 14th (which, BTW, don't forget a holy day tomorrow!!!! so go to Mass!) and the pool is still open for us.   We JUST joined only a short time ago and we are trying to utilize it the max!  It's great b/c there is hardly anyone there b/c they are probably just so sick of it! haaaa!  Good for us! :)

Of course my kidos could use some structure in their day.  But, isn't it a wonderful way of learning what to do with boredom?  SO healthy if you ask me.  I remember tons of times growing up moping about wondering what to do with my time....all the while being careful not to let my mom see or she'd be quick to set me to work! Those were my most imaginative and creative times. 

I have seen pics and read of this out pour of homeschooling families beginning school already.  Of course it's their choice and they have that freedom to do so.   I have a friend who starts early and end ends in early May.  Good idea!  But not me.  At least not this year.  I did try to start about 2 weeks ago but my heart was not in it.  I couldn't ask my kids to be on top of things and excited if I was too much in the lazy summer mode.  So, we packed the boxes right back up.  We were all so happy about that.  But, I have to admit that seeing and reading of those families gives me a bit of nervousness and anxiety.  Again, I guess I am not there yet. 

Well, hope you are enjoying your last few weeks of summer bliss and giving thanks to God for all the gifts in your life!!!
God bless, Mary @ Cheerios

No comments: