Friday, October 14, 2011

Quote of the Day and prayer request

A lot of things have been going on around here....we just got back from a trip up north due to my husband's grandfather who died a week ago tomorrow. 

Lil' Lady was on 2 diff types of antibiotics due to ear infection.  She finished her second one the day we left on our trip.  She started again w/runny nose 2 days ago and not sleeping.  I bet that ear infection is back.  This will be the 3rd one in under 2 months.  They may discuss tubes for her ears.  ALthough I know it is pretty routine for most youngsters, none of mine ever had them.  My lil lady is only 8 1/2 months old and this scares me that she would have to endure those tubes.  But, if it is God's Will to have them, I ask for prayers for my Lil' Lady.   Thanks.

Since we suddenly stopped schooling to travel (Thank God for homeschooling and our ability to do that!), we have strugged these last 2 days trying to get back into the mode of school work.  There is quite a lot of rebellion going on and that charity needs to be much more apparent too!

The funeral was as nice as one can be.   It was such a learning experience for my kids.   This year we have been talking a lot about soul vs. body and this experience made it not so abstract but so real to them.  We are so thankful to God to have the chance to go to the funeral, see family and see our missed friends....we miss you guys so much!

Lastly, a quote that is on my heart today from my favorite MOTHER THERESA:

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish He didn't trust me so much."
God bless,
Mary

No comments: