Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joy- 'Tis Thursday!

How did that happen?

Funny how during these past 3 days, they went really really slow... and I was wondering how I was able to make it through the next 30 minutes type of slow.  You know what I mean, right?

My parents are coming in from out of state later today and that makes me so very happy ;)  I am dying to have a few extra hands around here.  It's been a bit tough lately.  And it is comforting to know it is not just me.  Not that I want others to feel in a puddle of tears like me....but it is comfort.

Joy.

Last Sunday was Guadete Sunday and pink and rose third candle ...and joy.  JOY!  Guadete means REJOICE in Latin.


Joy has been missing a bit from my motherly loving lately.  (so not proud of this)

You too? 

How could that be since it is Advent?  We are preparing for the birth of a baby, a very important baby and our priests have said at Masses lately, how does one prepare?  Surely not in darkness and black and sadness.  But quite the opposite with lots of baby showers and well wishes and joy and pink or blue or yellow dazzled around the house and nursery. 

Finding the joy in anticipation of The Baby's birth (once again in our hearts...how will it be different this year for me, for you?)

This year I decided that I would not wait to put up my Christmas tree and decorations till Christmas Eve.  We had our bit of penitential season not too long ago and I was ready to instill joy once again.

Yet it is not happening as quick as I'd like it.  All in God's timing...His timing is always right.  Right?

So, joy it is.  The Bible states lots of joyful verses.  Here are a few that came to mind:

Philippians 4:8:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

"Be joyful always"1 Thessalonians 5:16

"The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing." Proverbs 10:28
"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds " James 1:2

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Joy.



Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. 

Got Joy?

(like that logo 'Got Milk?'")

God bless,
Mary

No comments: